From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graffito status followup
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 07:32:30 GMT
Hi,

On 2/13/07, Christophe Lombart <christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Following my previous mail, I would like to know if it is ok for
> everybody. As you can see, the scope is very high and I would like to
> start more details on the first point : "Graffito Core".

Sounds good to me.

> a. "Graffito Core" : all necessary low-level services to define, store,
> manage, audit, request and search content. If needed, it can give an access
> to different heterogenous content servers (JCR and propriatary servers).
> Graffito core have to be extensible. For example, a workflow service could
> be added into "Graffito Core".

Personally I'm most interested in a pure JCR solution, but a pluggable
storage layer is also fine.

What I'm most interested in at this level is the content model.
Currently Graffito has a predefined set of Document and other content
types, but also uses generic bean persistence. Should the "Graffito
Content Model" be fixed by better specifying the core content
interfaces, or should the Graffito Core support arbitrary content
objects?

BR,

Jukka Zitting