From ruchi goel <Ruchi.G...@Sun.COM>
Subject design query when using standard jcr nodetypes (nt:folder,nt:file)
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:15:16 GMT
Hi,
   In graffito's framework, cmsObject is the root object and all the
content inherits from cmsobject. The idea behind , if I understand
correctly , is that there are common model properties between various
models like document, article etc and there are common services like
versioning,security , permission etc applicable to all kinds of content

While using jcr-mapping layer  ,  cmsObject can be mapped  to a custom
node type (graffito:cmsObject) inherited from nt:base . Similarly,
folder to graffito:cmsFolder , inherited fro cmsObject and so ..on

Now, if I want to use nt:file and nt:folder , so that I have custom node
types ps:folder and ps:file ineriting from nt:folder and nt:file , is it
still possible to have similar flexibilty as above , in terms of
designing a generic framework . I feel I am stuck because evenif I have
somethig like ps:base (with additional properties) inheriting from
nt:base ,  ps:folder inherits from nt:folder and cannot inherit
properties from ps:base.

Am I going in a wrong direction ? The idea is to use what jsr170
supports like predefined nt:file, nt:folder, use jcr-mapping  and still
try to achieve a pluggable framework (with services attched to base
content type).

Thanks,
Ruchi