From ruchi goel <Ruchi.G...@Sun.COM>
Subject creating custom node types inheriting from nt:folder using jcr mapping
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 05:08:14 GMT
Hi,
 I want to use jcr mapping layer for creating custom node type "folder"
which should inherit from "nt:folder"

I have following custom_nodetype.xml
<nodeTypes xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0"
   xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0" xmlns:rep="internal"
   xmlns:mix="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/mix/1.0">
    <nodeType name="folder" isMixin="false"
hasOrderableChildNodes="false" primaryItemName="">
   <supertypes>
     <supertype>nt:folder</supertype>
   </supertypes>    </nodeType>

</nodeTypes>

I have following jcrmapping descriptor

<class-descriptor className="com.sun.portal.cms.model.HeirarchyContent"
jcrNodeType="nt:hierarchyNode" discriminator="false" >
<!-- Field-descriptor is used to map simple attributes to jcr property -->
   <field-descriptor fieldName="path" path="true" />
   <field-descriptor fieldName="creationDate" jcrName="jcr:created" />
/>
</class-descriptor>

<class-descriptor className="com.sun.portal.cms.model.Folder"
jcrNodeType="folder"
extend="com.sun.portal.cms.model.HeirarchyContent"  discriminator="false" >
<!-- Field-descriptor is used to map simple attributes to jcr property -->
<field-descriptor fieldName="path" path="true" />
/>
<collection-descriptor fieldName="children" proxy="false"
jcrNodeType="nt:hierarchyNode"

elementClassName="com.sun.portal.cms.model.HeirarchyContent"

collectionConverter="org.apache.portals.graffito.jcr.persistence.collectionconverter.impl.NTCollectionConverterImpl"

/>
</class-descriptor>

The problem is I am able to retrieve the items which are properties but
I do not see any child node definitions in folder. Ideally since folder
is inheriting from nt:folder , it should  get a childnode definition of
type nt:heirrarchynodeType

Is there anything I am missing ?
Checked out PersistenceAutoTest.java but it uses all custom nodetypes
which are inherited from nt:base and so , it has childnodedefintions in
custom node type definition.

Help appreciated.
Thanks,
Ruchi