From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using jcr-mapping layer to access repsitory over RMI
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:31:52 GMT
On 2/15/07, ruchi goel <Ruchi.Goel@sun.com> wrote:

> I have a question :
>
> Here is extract from the report:
>
> /The Content Model :
> ------------------------------
> * Our content model has to be extensible without imposing specific
> content types./
>

> Why do you say so ?  Isn't it already extensible with a flexibility of
> adding more content types ? In fact I was thinking of dropping the idea
> of having my document inherited from nt:file . Instead use , something
> which can be mapped to nt:unstructured , so that I can have root cms
> object, completely extensible ,  with all services acting at the this
> object and available to all child content types.

Yes, the JCR is extensible, of course.
But if our persistence service stores business objects (pojo) into a
JCR repo, this persistence's service should not impose the usage of a
specific object model.
Right now, it is not possible to extends the Graffito Object model easily
To be more flexible, the current CmsObject class has to be deleted in
the Graffito framework.

> Another question is are there any timelines decided for this refactoring
> work ?

It will depend on the contribution. Personally, I'm working on the
first release of the OCM tools but if someone wants to work on OCM
issues, I can start the refactoring.