From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: design query when using standard jcr nodetypes (nt:folder,nt:file)
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:18:33 GMT
Hi Ruchi,

As you can see in another thread, we are going to speak about the
Graffito content model.
So please, joins us in the other thread.

On 2/14/07, ruchi goel <Ruchi.Goel@sun.com> wrote:

> Now, if I want to use nt:file and nt:folder , so that I have custom node
> types ps:folder and ps:file ineriting from nt:folder and nt:file , is it
> still possible to have similar flexibilty as above , in terms of
> designing a generic framework . I feel I am stuck because evenif I have
> somethig like ps:base (with additional properties) inheriting from
> nt:base ,  ps:folder inherits from nt:folder and cannot inherit
> properties from ps:base.

Within JCR, you are not mandatory to use the predefined node types
like nt:file, nt:folder ...
I don't know your application requirements but why not to build a new
content model. I mean define your own node types ?

Thanks,
Christophe