From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Graffito status
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:45:48 GMT
Christophe Lombart wrote:

> On 1/11/07, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> Hi Christophe,
>>
>> thanks for your information - my previous comment was not meant as a
>> critics, I'm just curious.
>

> Of course. You are welcome
>

> I see you point that just using JCR does not simplify the architecture.
>
>> Yes, it just reduces the code base and therefore the work.
>> As the current persistence manager is working, there seems to be no
>> reason to change the current implementation.
>

> Right. As usual, we can improve it.
>
> How are you using JCR in Cocoon & Leyna ?

Lenya has also its own repository API and one implementation is JCR,
whereas not all
Lenya devs agree to this decision.

I am a bit undecisive, meaning I think there are good reasons to have
ones own API, and then there
are good reasons to have only JCR. I guess one should make a list with
pros and cons and then decide.

> I'm just wondering if you can
> collaborate together to build common piece of code (usefull components,
> ....) or why not see together if we have the same needs in point of view
> architecture/design.

I think the Lenya devs would definitely be interested in this.

Cheers

Michi

--
Michael Wechner