From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graffito status
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:16:47 GMT
Thanks Jukka, this is the good time to think about that. Due to my daily
work, it is not possible to work on all Graffito aspects but I would like to
continue to work on smaller components like the OCM tools. I'm just
finishing my long vacations and now I'm ready to finalise the OCM doc.  When
this work is done, the JCR Mapping will be ready for its first release.

After a long incubation process, the Graffito community is not yet there and
the Graffito goal is too big for a couple of mans.
Personnally, I would like to :
1/ Move OCM tools into Jackrabbit.
2/ Depending on the feedback on this discussion : review the Graffito goals,
split the projects or retire the project. of course, without this kind of
feedback, we cannot take a decision.

We can also review the priorities.
1/ Build the first JCR Mapping version.
2/ Review and finalyse the persistence layer (add the JCR support, review
the security).
3/ Add new components (workflow, ...)
4/ Build applications (RSS, news management, forum, ...).

I think we made an error to build everything on the same time in order to
give a small demo the community. This is not good for this kind of project.

So Please give us your point of view and we will take a decision after that.

br,
Christophe

> sorry for sounding stupid, but what this component do exactly?

Object Content Mapping (see on
http://incubator.apache.org/graffito/jcr-mapping/index.html)

Is the description of the architecture still accurate?

yes. The ocm tools can be used in a JCR Graffito plugin to access to a JCR
repo (not yet implemented).

http://incubator.apache.org/graffito/architecture.html

> > but what about the rest of the
> > project?

No activity for a long time

> Should we do something to try building a more active community around
> > the project?

How ?