From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Graffito status
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:27:52 GMT
On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 09:00 +0100, Christophe Lombart wrote:
> Furthermore, it is more interesting to access to different
> content servers in the same time (even if there are all based on JCR). So,
> I'm not sure the architecture could be simplify here. What do you think
> about that ?

I thought one of the goals of JCR was to be _the_ common api for content
repositories. Abstracting away JCR might seem rational to one developer,
but for another it's a drawback. Does the persistence manager provide
all the services that the JCR api provides, such as versioning,
transaction, types properties, xpath and sql queries, etc? What about
jackrabbit enhancements, such as node type registration etc?

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>