From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject JCR-Mapping: Mapping multiple properties or child nodes to a single field
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:49:05 GMT
Hi all,

While working on our project, I encountered the need to map multiple
properties (or child nodes) to a single field. I think, such a mapping can
be implemented using a CollectionDescriptor whose name is a pattern suitable
for the Node.getProperties(String pattern) and Node.getNodes(String
pattern), resp. Of course, best would be to base such an implementing on a
Map type field.

Hence I implemented a ResidualPropertiesCollectionConverterImpl mapping
multiple properties and a ResidualNodesCollectionConverterImpl mapping
multiple child nodes as well as ManagedHashMap to support both classes.

I could imagine, that such functionality could be of use for others, too.
Therefore I am willing to give them to the project. Attached, you will find
the three classes. NB: Currently the classes are in our own package, which
would of course should be fixed when integrating with the JCR-Mapping
project.

What do you think ?

Regards
Felix