From "Felix Meschberger" <Felix.Meschber...@day.com>
Subject JCR-Mapper: ClassLoading issues
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 08:16:01 GMT
Hi,

I am new to the JCR-Mapper, so please forgive any stupidity :-)

I am working on a projects which involves mapping nodes to objects.
The environment of this project is an OSGi Framework which makes
extensive use of classloaders and visibility separation.

Consider now, that I have different classes and their descriptors
defined in different bundles. It would now be very unpractical to
export all classes from the defining bundles (which would work in the
worst case) and even almost impossible to import those classes into
the bundle, which has the JCR-Mapper classes.

Currently classes are loaded through Class.forName(String) which just
takes the class loader of the object placing the call. This call is
placed from various places though probably, there is some kind of
central place in the RefelctionUtils class.

To solve this issue, class loading must probably be completely
centralized (all users use ReflectionUtils.forName(String)) and
ReflectionUtils should be somehow configurable to set the classloader
to use.

What do you think of this ?

Regards
Felix