From "Edgar Poce" <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: portlet "content" mode prototype
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:46:16 GMT
On 9/21/06, Philip Mark Donaghy <philip.donaghy@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/21/06, Edgar Poce <edgarpoce@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 9/21/06, Christophe Lombart <christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Compare to the existing Graffito codebase, this is completely another
> > > approach to build content portlets (100% dependent on the JCR API ).
> > >

> <snip>
> > 2. integration of portlet contents to the portal site hierarchy,
>
> I think he means provide versioning and workflow to the psml tree.
> Where as modifications can be made to a psml page and version can be
> retrieved from the persistence layer.

I mean that but also one more thing. I mean integrating the the
content of the portlets inside a psml page should be childs of that
page (see the prototype). Thus, e.g. when the psml page is versioned
all the content of the portlets contained in that page might be
versioned as well. The same for locking, staging or whatever feature I
think belongs to a portlet content mode.

> I think that this falls into a j2 admin portlet. An I also think that
> the j2 api should be used to make these modifications.

I'm not sure about this. I think the CMS logic belongs to a CMS api,
e.g. the graffito api.
personally, I'd prefer the j2 api has no knowledge of the cms
features. IMHO it would be unnecesary coupling.

br,
edgar