From "Edgar Poce" <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: portlet "content" mode prototype
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:32:37 GMT
On 9/21/06, Christophe Lombart <christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Compare to the existing Graffito codebase, this is completely another
> approach to build content portlets (100% dependent on the JCR API ).

As we discussed earlier, the only integration with the existing
approach would be at the repository level. I understand it's not
acceptable from a pure OO design, but IMHO it's a valid approach for a
content oriented application where the main contract is the consensus
on the semantics of the node types. IMHO applications working on top
of JCR should be ready to let other apps to modify the underlying
content bypassing the object model layer. That would allow breaking
the data silo in favor of publishing the content via multiple
interfaces.

I'd like to make clear that I'm not in a crusade in favor of jcr. I'm
interested in seeing the features I'm talking independently of
implementation details. Sorry if I'm being repetitive, but my interest
is seeing
1. CMS features for j2 portal site,
2. integration of portlet contents to the portal site hierarchy,
3. and a reusable portlet content mode;
4. a webdav interface would be cool but not strictly necessary for me.

That's why I'd like to know if the graffito community agress these are
goals in the scope of graffito? and in case it's in the scope I'd like
to know how it should be implemented. I'm open to work with other
approaches, see my other thread about the page manager impl.

br,
edgar