From "Edgar Poce" <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: portlet "content" mode prototype
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:28:18 GMT
Hi David

On 9/6/06, David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
> Edgar Poce wrote:
> > hi ruchi,
> >
> >  I forgot to mention that I had to add a couple of libraries to the
> > tomcat version included in the jetspeed distribution in order to run
> > jackrabbit with java5.
> >
> > try the following:
> >
> > 1. remove every file under /tmp/jackrabbit. once jackrabbit fails to
> > create a repository in a directory it will keep until you delete its
> > contents.
> >
> > 2. download xalan and serializer.jar and put them under
> > /jetspeed_installation/common/endorsed.
> >
> > 3. start jetspeed and have fun :)
> >
> > I've just tested it in a windows box and it works.
> >
> > br,
> > edgar
> >

> I had the  same stacktrace as Ruchi
> Not sure which versions of xalan and 'serializer' you recommending

it works with the latest release, xalan.jar and serializer.jar are
both included in the xalan distribution.

> Wondering why the two jars must go in endorsed directly, and not in the
> WEB-INF/lib directory.

I'm not sure :(, I think I read in jackrabbit mailing list that it was
the right way to go but I didn't investigate further. It was just a
quick fix to make it work. with java 2 jackrabbit worked without
problems, but in java 5 those libraries were removed and some problems
araised.

> Could you upload your versions of the jars for us, thanks!

you can download it from
http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/xalan-j/xalan-j_2_7_0-bin.zip

Rememeber to remove every file in /tmp/jackrabbit before trying to
start jetspeed again.

br,
edgar