From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR mapping release
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:34:16 GMT
Hi,

On 9/19/06, Dan Connelly <dsconnelly@adelphia.net> wrote:
> In my opinion, there are Graffito jcr-mapping JIRAs open now which would
> block release in Jackrabbit 1.2.

I disagree. The tool works and implements a number of useful use
cases. It's not like there will be only one JCR mapping release, we
can always make new releases with new features and improvements to
existing features. In fact the Jackrabbit 1.1 release I'm wrapping
together has quite a few known issues and outstanding feature
requests, including some pretty major ones, just like the 1.0 release
had before. The good thing is that Jackrabbit 1.1 implements quite a
few of the issues that were open in 1.0. Release early, release often.
:-)

> There are 16 unresolved Major or Critical JIRAs open on Graffito
> jcr-mapping.    I do not see any myself at first glance that I would
> take out of the blocker category.
>
> How will it be determined which ones are blockers?    Is it realistic to
> get a resolution on all 16 for an end-of-year release?

As Alexandru already mentioned, contributions are welcome to close
some of those issues. :-)

Different people have different needs, so even if there are open
issues that affect some people, others may still be able to use the
tool without any problems. There will never be a release if we wait
for everyone to be perfectly satisfied.

BR,

Jukka Zitting