From Dan Connelly <dsconne...@adelphia.net>
Subject Re: JCR mapping release
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:27:22 GMT
Jukka:

[Repeating a posting I made recently on the Jackrabbit Dev's ocm
thread.   The decision point appears to be at hand.]

Let me suggest that a *fresh* name for the "jcr mapping" component
within Jackrabbit would help 1) create a bigger buzz, 2) bring in fresh
contributors and 3) reduce confusion.

Here are a few names that I came up with.    To my knowledge, any one of
these could be used without confusion.    But, *any* name shorter and
snappier than "jcr-mapping" would be +1 with me.

   * Occam
   * Jacob
   * Snowshoe  (non-hibernating jackrabbit)
   * JackInPOX  (like JPOX, Java Persistent ObjectX)
   * Jacko

   -- Dan