From Ruchi Goel <Ruchi.G...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: technologies used in graffito
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 15:04:41 GMT
Thanks . I will do some homework on Security part and come back with
right questions. But some more inline against your response.....
Christophe Lombart wrote:

> On 9/7/06, Ruchi Goel <Ruchi.Goel@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Christophe for quick response. One more question: Who is using
>> spring framework ? - Jetspeed or Graffito ?
>

> Both project
>

>> Please see inline for more ....
>> Christophe Lombart wrote:
>>
>> Our portal users are stored in LDAP and uses its authentication service
>> . How will that be mapped to JAAS users ?
>>

> see the J2 security doc to get all the details
> (http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-security/index.html).
>
> Remember that this security service can be run outside J2.
>
> Anyway I'm open to see together how we can support other kind of
> integration (with other security services/solution).
>
>> You mean to say , Graffito security service can have portal specific
>> implementation ?
>

> Yes  but some refactoring is required. The security services are not
> well defined.
>
>> If we use only OCM , do I still get it ? I see
>> SimpleAccessManager and SimpleLoginModule which uses Jackrabit and java
>> security services. This security is at repository level , I want to also
>> understand  security at portal level, "who can see which portlets " ?
>>

> The current solution is not correct if the security is defined at the
> repository level.
>

>> The question is if  we want to integrate the entire cms framework , we
>> will have to use the abstractions  , even though the jsr170  mapping
>> layer  helps with lots of services.Please correct  me  if  my
>> understanding is wrong here.
>>
> Correct.  JSR170 is focusing only on the repository aspect. This is
> not a complete CMS/DM solution. Other services are still necessary
> (eg. workflow).
> We plan to add more and more services (scheduler, workflow,
> replication, ...)  but that's the future :-)
>
>> Where is Spring framework used ? I understand that u have ocm 's one
>> integration with Spring? Does Graffito internally uses it ?
>

> The Graffito services are running in a Spring container (see in
> components).
> If you want to use OCM outside the complete Graffito stack, you can
> run it in a Spring container (see in jcr/spring).

Can I not use OCM outside Spring container ? For simple persistence and
query operations, I built and tried storing my model supported by my
mapping file without using any container. Can I not use OCM with portal
deployed on j2ee container ? As far as I understand Spring container is
a light weight container .
Is OCM dependent on spring framework to implement any of its services ?

>> We cannot integrate with any open source which is not  j2ee compliant.
>>
> why not ?
> maybe later ...it will depend on the community ;-)

:) I am trying my best now ..

>> Another question : Where is Velocity used in graffito project ?
>>

> In the portlets (instead of jsp).

graffito portlets use jsp , but graffito browser use velocity templates,
right . I don't think use of velocity templates is any problem wrt j2ee
compliance.

Thanks,
Ruchi