From ruchi goel <Ruchi.G...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: portlet "content" mode prototype
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 08:56:50 GMT
Edgar Poce wrote:

> hi,
>
>  I made a prototype of a wysiwyg portlet on top of jcr that allows to
> version the content.  It's just a prototype of what I consider a
> portlet "content" mode should have, e.g. versioning, locking, tagging,
> audit, event notification, metadata. e.g. dublin core, i18n a portlet
> root per locale, publishing (staging) & other workflow processes.
>
> The versioning GUI is available in edit mode as a menu that invoke
> remote dialogs powered by dojo javascipt toolkit. The portlet allows
> the user to edit the html, make the html versionable, checkin,
> checkout and restore a version. I didn't configure the webdav servlet,
> but it should be pretty easy.
>
> In the prototype a content portlet (i.e. wysiwyg portlet) must inherit
> a superclass that creates the portlet root node and adds a menu in
> edit mode. btw, is there any extension mechanism to add new portlet
> modes in jetspeed?
>
> download from:
> http://people.apache.org/~edgarpoce/graffito-jcr-portlets-1.0.war
> http://people.apache.org/~edgarpoce/graffito-jcr-portlets.tar.gz
>
> the war is self contained, just drop it in j2 and it should work. it
> creates a jackrabbit repository at /tmp/jackrabbit. It was tested in
> ubuntu, firefox, java5, jetspeed 2.0 installer with derby embedded.

This sounds very nice. I deployed this to jetspeed. I have configured
jetspeed + graffito  to use Mysql.
The portlet  fails to display content .
Error:
java.lang.NullPointerException
       at org.apache.graffito.jcr.JcrHelper.login(JcrHelper.java:22)
       at
org.apache.graffito.jcr.AbstractJcrPortlet.getUserSession(AbstractJcr
Portlet.java:138)
       at
org.apache.graffito.jcr.wysiwyg.WysiwygPortlet.getHtml(WysiwygPortlet
.java:125)
       at
org.apache.graffito.jcr.wysiwyg.WysiwygPortlet.doView(WysiwygPortlet.
java:86)
       at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:247)
       at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:175)
       at
org.apache.jetspeed.factory.JetspeedPortletInstance.render(JetspeedPo
rtletInstance.java:102)
       at
org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet.doGet(Jetspeed
ContainerServlet.java:230)

Looks like this is internally using derby because I can login to see
graffito portlets working  in jetspeed portal.
Any pointers ?

Thanks,
Ruchi