From Dan Connelly <dsconne...@adelphia.net>
Subject Re: ManageableCollectionUtil should not throw "unsupported" JcrMapping exception.
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2006 22:11:28 GMT
What I ended up doing for this problem, to avoid the exception, was to
make a local modification in ManageableCollectionUtil.    It still
throws the exception (if needed) but my specialized list collection
class is now easily coerced to a ManageableCollection with my
replacement code.

This is a hack, but a much smaller hack than trying to specialize either
the objectConverter or the collectionConverter to do the wrapping.

I would like to see the CollectionConverter interface extended with a
method:
 private  ManageableCollectionFactory  getManageableCollectionFactory()
 such that the ManageableCollectionFactory class would be used in much
the same way that ManageableCollectionUtil is ued.

The ManageableCollectionFactory would continue to throw the
"unsupported" JcrMapping exception (if needed), but presumably would
wrap all of the application's collection classes correctly.