From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: j2 page manager status
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:25:08 GMT
Hi Edgar,

Honestly, I have not yet review in all details how the page manager is working.
So, It is quite difficult to give some strong guidelines (maybe David
or another J2 commiter can help ?).

Here some ideas :

precondition : are you agree if the Graffito usage is only for storing
the objects managed by the page manager ?

1/ Create the J2 object model into graffito (the model managed by of
the page manager of course).
2/ Create a new Graffito service used to manage thoses objects.
3/ Security  - permissions ?

It should be nice if we can plug at runtime some new
services/applications into Graffito (like Drupal and many other
CMS/content framework). I introduce this concept because Graffito is
very monolithic. By this way, the Graffito users can choose which
application/service to deploy. I'm not sure that the J2 page manager
service has a place into our subproject graffito/components which
contains the core services.

After solving some important questions, I think we can start to code
something (prototype) and if needed refactor later.

br,
Christophe
ps : I didn't find time to review your prototype. Sorry for the delay.

--
Best regards,

Christophe