From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: technologies used in graffito
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 14:24:16 GMT
On 9/7/06, Ruchi Goel <Ruchi.Goel@sun.com> wrote:
> Thanks Christophe for quick response. One more question: Who is using
> spring framework ? - Jetspeed or Graffito ?

Both project

> Please see inline for more ....
> Christophe Lombart wrote:
>
> Our portal users are stored in LDAP and uses its authentication service
> . How will that be mapped to JAAS users ?

see the J2 security doc to get all the details
(http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-security/index.html).
Remember that this security service can be run outside J2.

Anyway I'm open to see together how we can support other kind of
integration (with other security services/solution).

> You mean to say , Graffito security service can have portal specific
> implementation ?

Yes  but some refactoring is required. The security services are not
well defined.

>If we use only OCM , do I still get it ? I see
> SimpleAccessManager and SimpleLoginModule which uses Jackrabit and java
> security services. This security is at repository level , I want to also
> understand  security at portal level, "who can see which portlets " ?

The current solution is not correct if the security is defined at the
repository level.

> The question is if  we want to integrate the entire cms framework , we
> will have to use the abstractions  , even though the jsr170  mapping
> layer  helps with lots of services.Please correct  me  if  my
> understanding is wrong here.

Correct.  JSR170 is focusing only on the repository aspect. This is
not a complete CMS/DM solution. Other services are still necessary
(eg. workflow).
We plan to add more and more services (scheduler, workflow,
replication, ...)  but that's the future :-)

> Where is Spring framework used ? I understand that u have ocm 's one
> integration with Spring? Does Graffito internally uses it ?

The Graffito services are running in a Spring container (see in components).
If you want to use OCM outside the complete Graffito stack, you can
run it in a Spring container (see in jcr/spring).

> We cannot integrate with any open source which is not  j2ee compliant.

why not ?
maybe later ...it will depend on the community ;-)

> Another question : Where is Velocity used in graffito project ?

In the portlets (instead of jsp).

--
Best regards,

Christophe