From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: portlet "content" mode prototype
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:56:38 GMT
On 9/5/06, Edgar Poce <edgarpoce@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/5/06, Christophe Lombart <christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If Graffito provides a support for managing JCR nodes and an High
> > level content object model (which can be customized), how can we
> > define some services like Workflow, publishing, ... ? In theory,
> > thoses services needs to implement some process based on content
> > objects.
> > I think it will not be possible to support both approach. What do you
> > think about that ?
>
> Maybe there can be an integration if
> 1. the workflow is serialized in the repository,
> 2. the semantics of its node types is publicly known (e.g. scxml)
> 3. and the repository garantees, by securing the content, that the
> process will be respected,

* What if a workflow process required multiple repositories ? In you
case, you will certainly use only one content repo but the worfklow
service have to work with multpiple content repo (JCR based or not).
* What if we are not using a JCR store ?
* When you are moving into a specific workflow state, you may run some
code to manage the content (move a content, delete, update, ...). How
to do it (with the JCR API or the Graffito API ?

> great!. btw, It's probably a good example for trying to integrate both
> approaches.

the approach is quite different. We are using the Graffito API.
--
Best regards,

Christophe