From "Edgar Poce" <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why the Webdav-/Graffito-/FileSystemServer interfaces?
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 01:29:01 GMT
Hi,

  I'm working in a project that uses j2, we plan to keep using it in
the near future and we'd like to use the cms features described in
graffito's web page. I browsed the sources and I have the same doubt
that started this thread.

  I don't understand what's the purpose of the webdav\filesystem\ojb
servers. I think one of the purposes of jcr is to provide that layer
on top of existing repositories. Moreover, most of the services the
graffito api provides seem overlapped with jcr.

  My understanding is that most CMS features belong to a layer on top
of jcr. Is there any reason for not using jcr as the only api to
interact with the repository and build services on top of it?

  In any case, if there's the intention of building a repository that
works as a hub of plugged server implementations, why not to build
that integration layer as a JCR implementation leaving the CMS unaware
of that?.

thanks in advance,
edgar