From Dan Connelly <dsconne...@adelphia.net>
Subject Re: use of jcr mapping for JSR170, in graffito
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:42:19 GMT
Ruchi:

I have not looked at the CMS or workflow in Graffito at all.   My
interest, for now, is in mapping objects to JCR , and in connecting
Jackrabbit's persistence to Eclipse's design and modeling tools.
(However, at this point my thinking is that Graffito jcr mapping is the
prototype for for what I want, but not the solution.   Eclipse's EMF
models are JO but not PO, that is, not POJOs, as Graffito would want.)

Ultimately, the object mapping is to support design-driven business
reporting for portal servers (using, for instance, the Eclipse BIRT
report server).   Originally, my interest in Graffito was in its
integration with Jetspeed2.   J2 and Liferay are may target portals.

Whether or not a CMS (as commonly defined) is useful for portalized
business reporting is TBD.    As I mentioned in a previous post, I have
looked into Eclipse's new Apogee CMS project (to be transferred from
Nuxeo).    All things being equal, I would prefer to use Apogee over
Graffito for CMS, but (so far) I do not see good support for JCR custom
node types in Apogee.

If Graffito CMS is better than Apogee CMS at supporting custom node
types or access management for objects mapped into Jackrabbit , then I
would be glad to hear of it.    So far, I have not done this
investigation myself.

       -- Dan