From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graffito release plans?
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:37:10 GMT
Hi,

On 7/13/06, Christophe Lombart <christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, the current best place is certainly the Jackrabbit project. Jukka, can
> you start this process and discussion with other Jackrabbit commiters?

Yes, I'll do that. I suppose all the Incubator IP issues have already
been resolved for Graffito, so we'll have no trouble with that if we
do choose to move the subproject to Jackrabbit.

In any case, before actually going forward with something like this,
we should enumerate the API requirements that Graffito has for the JCR
subproject. Looking at the Server, Folder, and CmsObject interfaces,
it seems to me that a direct JCR implementation (without the OCM
mapping) would probably suit the needs even better. Do the components
bypass the core model to access extra features of the OCM?

(I'm sorry for my ignorance, if I'm missing something essential...)

BR,

Jukka Zitting