From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graffito release plans?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:51:48 GMT
Hi,

> As far as I know the support for Spring is somehow duplicated from
> Spring modules project. JCR is not yet so used so that Spring will
> integrate JCR support in their sourcecode. The same applies to JCR
> support offered by Springmodules.

OK, thanks for the clarification.

> The only real association between JCR mapping and Jackrabbit would be
> that Jackrabbit represents for the moment the only complete OSS
> implementation of JSR170.

You are right. We currently host a number of Jackrabbit subprojects
like JCR-RMI, the JCR WebDAV server, JCR taglibs, etc. that have
little or no dependencies on the Jackrabbit core. This is because
those subprojects don't (yet) have a big enough community to stand on
their own. Eventually I'd like to see Jackrabbit project evolve into
an Apache JCR federation, with the Jackrabbit core as just a JCR
related project among others. But that'll probably become relevant
only sometime around 2010...

BR,

Jukka Zitting