From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graffito release plans?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:13:56 GMT
Hi,

On 7/13/06, Christophe Lombart <christophe.lombart@gmail.com> wrote:
> As you can see,  our Spring support is based on the JCR module.

Yep. How much of the subproject is Graffito-specific? Could some of
the functionality be pushed back to Spring?

> What do you suggest ? Create a new "incubator" project ?

One option could be to move the generic JCR parts to a Jackrabbit
subproject so Graffito could better focus on the higher level
components. Another would be to push the extra functionality back to
Spring JCR or a similar project and use that directly in the core
Graffito components.

I don't think it makes sense to start another incubating project on a
relatively small component. And I also don't want to appear as wanting
to "steal" the code to Jackrabbit, moving it to Jackrabbit would only
make sense if the people working on the code would consider Jackrabbit
a good environment for the subproject and would want to continue
development within Jackrabbit.

BR,

Jukka Zitting