From Costin Leau <costin.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graffito release plans?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:45:33 GMT
# since both me and Spring Modules were mentioned, I though I should
# clarify things a bit

Alexandru Popescu wrote:
> I would really like to see this happening. I have been in contact with
> Costin Leau, project lead of springmodules, for a long time and we
> chatted about the possibility to unify the support for JCR. However,
> Costin doesn't agree to much with some of the decissions taken for JCR
> mapping solution (and for some points I agree with him).

The JCR module part of Spring Modules is about working with the JCR API
in a Spring manner - i.e. having exception translation, template, a
sessionFactory. Another big incentive for it was the transaction
management build on top of Spring transaction infrastructure.

I think a mapping tool for JCR would be a very useful tool and I'd be
glad to support it inside Spring Modules (I'm not sure if it makes sense
to move it there). However, I think it's really premature to discuss
such issue before the tool is finalized.

As for my opinions about the JCR mapping - they were/are not the reason
why there isn't support for JCR mapping (it actually is inside the
sandbox). From what I've seen the project is in very early stages, there
are a lot of changes and keeping up with it, is just too much work.
Christophe and I talked some time ago about some patches which would be
contributed to Spring Modules to reflect the latest changes - something
that I welcome.

--
Costin