From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graffito forwarding..
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:12:17 GMT
Marky Goldstein wrote:
> Christophe,
>
> I am already involved with onther projects (that also lack comitters),
> but still I am interested in the success of Graffito.
>
> Could you make a short list on how help can be given?
> - Code?
> - Docu?
> - Project Management?
> - Cash?
> - Etc.

Right now, I'd list project usability as *the* major issue: it takes way too
much effort to the casual user/developer just to have a look at Graffito.

We need to find a way for prospective users/dev to easily get Graffito and be
able to run a demo so that they can see what it can do right now. For me, if
someone has to spend more than 10 minutes setting up a test system, we have a
major issue and will have difficulty bringing new people in (this has been a
major issue in the early days of Jetspeed 1.2...)

IMO, anything that can be done to help create an easy demos is welcome :
- building out a sample site that explicitely demonstrates some of the
  capacities
- docs
- create an easy binary distribution for Graffito (maybe a modified Jetspeed
installer with Derby and Graffito built-in ?).

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/