From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graffito release plans?
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2006 08:48:31 GMT
Ooops - I'm very sorry, the OCM unit tests are in :
/jcr/jcr-mapping/src/test (not in /components/src/test)
I think this week-end will be a great benefit for myself.

Anyway, here is some info :

What is the "folder" instance in this case? Is it a plain data object
> or an adapter to an underlying folder concept?

it points to  a plain data object. A usual pojo  with simple
getters/setters.

Can I implement my own Folder class and pass instances of it to the
> persistence layer?

yes but you have to specify the interface "Folder" and  the class "MyFolder"
it in the mapping file.

Do you know this page :
http://incubator.apache.org/graffito/jcr-mapping/index.html ? the is the doc
on the OCM tools.  Unfortunatly, this is not complete.

This one show you some basic operations :
http://incubator.apache.org/graffito/jcr-mapping/api/basic-operations.html.

> When I retrieve that folder from the persistence layer, will it still
> be an instance of the MyFolder class?

Yes. The persistence manager can support interfaces. So, you can make some
queries based on a interface. In this case, you will receive implemented
object which match to the criteria.

I think there are good examples in the unit tests.

Sorry again for the bad reference on the unit test location.  See in
jcr/jcr-mapping/src/test/org/apache/portals/graffito/jcr/persistence which
contains the API unit tests.
--
Best regards,

Christophe