From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introducing myself
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 07:49:44 GMT
Hi Jukka,

Personally, I will be very happy if you want to join the team. It will be a
great benefit for the Graffito project if we can work more with the
Jackrabbit team.  Furthermore your Jackrabbit incubation & JCR experiences
will be also very usefull of us.

Contrary to Alex, I think the project main goals are clear : Graffito is a
framework for building content oriented applications like forums, news
management (mainly for portal servers). Let me know if the following page is
not correct (or can be improved )  : http://incubator.apache.org/graffito/.

Now, we are facing to the JCR support that's why the subporjects
JCR/mapping, JCR/Spring,..  are there. Those tools could be move outside the
Graffito project. I'm open to discuss on that but I have no time to organise
this change.

+1 so see you as a new mentor.

Thanks,
Christophe

> Hi graffito-dev!
>
> I just joined the mailing list after a long while of following the
> project by the web site and the incubation status reports. I'm a
> committer and the release manager of the Apache Jackrabbit project,
> whom some of you already know from the Jackrabbit mailing lists.
>
> I've been keeping an eye on Graffito as an approach of building
> applications on top of the JCR API, and would like to help increase
> the coupling between the Jackrabbit and Graffito communities. To do
> this I'm volunteering to join Raphaƫl as a mentor of Graffito, of
> course assuming that you'd have me as a mentor.
>
> I'm not a long-time Apache veteran and have few contacts with the
> Portals project, but I've got fresh hands-on experience from the
> Jackrabbit project ranging from early days of it's incubation to
> successful graduation. Along the way I touched virtually all parts of
> the incubation process and a good number of other practices that
> define the Apache Way. I'd love to share that experience with you.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting
>
> --

Best regards,