From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r406117 - /incubator/graffito/trunk/jcr/jcr-mapping/src/test/org/apache/portals/graffito/jcr/testmodel/interfaces/
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 20:31:09 GMT
Hi Chris!

I just noticed this comment and I am not 100% I like the solution for
the discriminator mixin which seems obtrusive. It is like requiring a
class to implement a special interface just to make it work with
graffito and this is not good. The user must have the freedom to
define his nodetypes and create no dependencies upon graffito and for
this small thing it is really easy to configure hust a field name to
make it work.

br,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

On 5/13/06, clombart@apache.org <clombart@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: clombart
> Date: Sat May 13 08:07:23 2006
> New Revision: 406117

> Log:
> Add several modifications :
>
> * jcrNodeType is not mandatory.If not present the default value is "nt:unstructured".
> * discriminator field descriptor was removed. Only the flag discriminator is defined
on the class descriptor.
>         If this flag is true, a mixin node type "graffito:discriminator" is added to
the node.
>         This type contains one property to store the java classname (graffito:classname).
>     With this implementation, the discriminator field is not necessary. So, the persistence
mechanism is still transparent for the jaba beans.

> * Interface support : like the inheritance support, there are 2 differents strategies
: node type per concrete class or per complete hierarchy. The hierarchy strategy requires
a discriminator node type.