From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR Mapping tools - inheritance support
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2006 20:39:44 GMT
#: Christophe Lombart changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 4/1/2006 10:19
PM) :#
> On 4/1/06, Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey... they weren't so many or big changes (most of them were API
>> additions to simplify the algo). I have finished looking through the
>> code and I have only 2 questions:
>>
>> 1/ PersistenceManagerImpl(Session session,String[] xmlMappingFiles )
>> doesn't look like fitting into that place and moreover it is never
>> used. I would definitely like to remove it.
>

> Correct it is not used in the unit tests but this is simplest way to
> instantiante a PersistenceManager.
> please don't remove it.

Chris, unfortunately I have to disagree with you. Even if sometimes constructing an object
is a
little more difficult, IMO it is much more important to have clear separation of concerns.
And this
constructor is breaking it: a PersistenceManager should not have to deal or know how to parse
some
files. This is the responsibility of something else.

Please do correct me if I am wrong.

> 2/ ParentBeanConverter: what is the usage of this class. I haven't
>> found any references to it.
>

> under construction :-) but maybe I will remove it.
> I'm wondering if it is interesting to have a converter to retrieve the
> parent folder bean (I mean the parent node in term of JCR API)

I see. np.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.