From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR Mapping tools - inheritance support
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:18:11 GMT
On 4/1/06, Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris, unfortunately I have to disagree with you. Even if sometimes
> constructing an object is a
> little more difficult, IMO it is much more important to have clear
> separation of concerns. And this
> constructor is breaking it: a PersistenceManager should not have to deal
> or know how to parse some
> files. This is the responsibility of something else.

I'm ok to drop this constructor but I think the Persistence Manager respects
the SOC design pattern. it is doing one thing and delegates some tasks to
other objects. But yes, in point of view dependency management, it is maybe
not a good idea to build default implementation for those dependencies in
the main object. IMO, it is not a so bad design because it gives always the
possibility to provide other dependency implementations.  FYI, there is
already another constructor which provides a default implementation for some
dependencies

--
Best regards,

Christophe