From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject no nodetype specified in queries
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:37:59 GMT
Hi!

Looking around to see what changes should be done to support polymorphic queries, I have noticed

that even if the class is passed to the Filter the mapped node type for the corresponding
class is
not used to filter the nodes. This would imply that even if a class is mapped to a specific
node
type, using a query on a set of nodes that have some of the properties of that class will
return
results even if the node types do not correspond.

Is this done on purpose?

IMO the relation between class and its corresponding node type should be more strict. And
this is
not only for queries, but also for updates, fetching. Currently, the only time this relation
is used
is for insertion. My personal approach would be to have this relation made strong.

What's your opinion?

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.