From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OCM - Inheritance & Interface
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:09:08 GMT
#: Christophe Lombart changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 2/13/2006 4:28
PM) :#
> On 2/13/06, Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
>> #: Christophe Lombart changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 2/13/2006
12:23 PM) :#

>> You can define classes that are part of the hierarchy, part are not gonna be persisted/retrieved
by
>> their own, but only through their subclasses.
>>

>  ok
>
>> You are suggesting that we should determine the extends type from the usage of the
discriminator?
>> This may work indeed. I must think about it.
>>
> Yes - it just an alternative and suggestion.

Hi Chris!

Your suggestions make sense to me so I would like to give them a try. I have already started

something, so maybe by tomorrow morning I can commit the mapping and mapping model. This will
allow
you to work on the filters/query (I have some small suggestion for that part). What do you
think?

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.