From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR mapping package naming
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 21:14:09 GMT
#: Christophe Lombart changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 2/8/2006 9:55
PM) :#
> The first goal of Graffito is to provide CMS & JCR support to the
> Portal products  (mainly Jetspeed).
>
> Now, this project contains a subproject ( the jcr mapping framework)
> that can be used outside the ASF portal world.  Does this framework
> need another place ? maybe but I think it is too early and the
> community is too small.
>
> Before taking this kind of decision (changing the pck, move the
> project, ...) , we should promote our idea (aka OCM : object content
> mapping) and see how is the interest outside the ASF portal.
>
> Christophe

I agree with most of these ideas. Unfortunately, I don't think that the current status is
good
enough to promote it. On a side note, before promoting it, I really think that the package
naming
should be address. Probably in many cases CMS + JCR with portals makes sense, however JCR
mapping
can be used in many more scenarios. And I can tell you for sure that the first question when

promoting it would be: "why is it portals?"

I am reviewing right now the collection converters and fixing the exception handling. After
this
step, and some small refactorings in the filters, I will be ready for interfaces/inheritance.
Once
those are done, or at least addressed we should start promoting it.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.