From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR mapping package naming
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 20:04:33 GMT
On 2/9/06, Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
> #: Christophe Lombart changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 2/9/2006
10:59 AM) :#

> Auto-retrieve: still not clear what this is. Any links?

If false, the attrbiute corresponfing to the bd (or the cd) is not
retrieve when the main object is retrieved). The persistence manager
has to provide a method to populate one attribute. It is an
alternative to the lazy loading

> Lazy loading: once you name java proxies you are talking in terms of interfaces. Java
proxies are
> working only against interfaces.

I know that but for me it is a small limitation. a lot of appliction
use interface/impl for data objects. Is it an important limitation for
you ?

> > 3/ If it can help you, why not to create a version and a branch. By
> > this way, the upcoming changes will not disturb your dev team.
> >

> This would be an option. But usually the experiments are taking place on a branch and
the stable
> code stays on the trunk :-).

Depends what you are calling stable code. Trunk is for me code under
dev (not necessary 100% stable code). Version are there to tag stable
code :-)
I'm not use that the branch is required for our new features.

> Maybe you already got some ideas about interface/inheritance, so why not start a new
thread on the
> ML about this? Than we can reach the conclusion and see where each one can help.

ok I'm starting this thread.