From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems trying to run test units
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 08:36:32 GMT
Alex,

1/ I'm +1 to see the jcr tools more independant but the maven goals &
setup are to be reviewed. This is not a big work. Can you create a new
JIRA issue ? I can work on that in a couple of days.

2/ I never run the unit tests from Eclipse but you are right. The unit
test uses some custome node types. Right now, they are copied into the
target folder before running the unit test. This is done with a maven
pregoal.

3/ By default the unit tests are disable by default. Unit tests take
time and Graffito users are not always interested by the unit test
results. Of course, this is an important tasks for the dev team. If
you want to run the unit test, you can :
- on the command line do : maven -Dmaven.test.skip=false [the maven goal]
- In your "build.properties" defined in your USER_HOME, add
"maven.test.skip=false". By this way, the unit test are always
executed.

I  disable the unit tests because we have not some distribution and
building the complete Graffito project takes more and more time which
is not very  interesting for a Graffito user.

> (continuation)
>
> I have done so that the project.xml in jcr-mapping can correctly find project.xml. But
still when
> running maven jar:jar in jcr-mapping I only see the resource copy goal, but no tests
are run. Any
> idea why?
>
> ./alex
> --
> .w( the_mindstorm )p.
>
> #: Alexandru Popescu changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 2/2/2006
3:03 AM) :#
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am facing problems trying to run jcr-mapping units. Mainly these are due to the
following:

> > 1/ I have checked out only the jcr part of the project (it doesn't really has any
dependencies on
> > the other parts of the project), but this is not allowing Maven to run
> >
> > I would really like to have this as independent as possible, so that anybody can
build JCR mapping
> > independent. Unfortunately I am not a maven guy so I cannot help much here.
> >
> > 2/ When trying to run from withing Eclipse the whole set of tests I am seeing lots
of problems.

> > Mainly these are due to:
> > - tests are using custom nodes definitions, but it doesn't look like we are registering
them with
> > Jackrabbit (or I just missed this part). Also the order of declaration in custom_nodetypes.xml
seems
> > a little wrong: graffito:page is referencing graffito:paragraph which is just afterwards
declared.

> > - the repository is not correctly closed when tests are finished
> >

> > I must say that I am running the tests against a much more recent jackrabbit built.
I am usually

--
Best regards,

Christophe