From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Mappings - components and spread objects
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 03:04:23 GMT
Hi!

I've started thinking about possible extension of the current
supported mapping strategies. The directions I am investigating right
now are including:
- component mapping
- relations
- inheritance
- spreaded

So far (and indeed the easiest one) are the component mappings: they
allow mapping the properties of a child object to the properties of
the current working node. In the JCR world, a very good example of
this are the mixins. Introducing a mixin to a node may add a set of
properties that the user can manipulate with the help of a single
entity.
Such an entity doesn't have any restrictions upon it (no path
required, as it doesn't live by itself, no limitation in children,
anything).

Please let me know what do you think about this.

In the future episodes I will try to address the remaining areas.

cheers,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.