From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject type converters and more
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:24:16 GMT
Hi!

In a previous thread I have tried to improve the usage of atomic type
convertors by providing an easier interface and also trying to
partially cache some of the information. But I am still seeing a lot
of object creation, and this is because they cannot leave without a
Session (a ValueFactory, but this is closely linked by a Session).

Considering this, I was thinking to change the strategy and have them
in a visitor like strategy: meaning that you have only an instance of
them, and they receive the ValueFactory together with the object to be
converted.
The benefit is quite visible, having just a few instances around,
being able to lazy initialize them. Having in mind that the API is
still young, I think this is a good moment to change this, than later.

What's your opinion on this?

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.