From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Migrate to Maven 2.0.2
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:03:29 GMT
Christophe Lombart wrote:
> Honestly, I would like to replace the DB support by a complete JCR support.

Hi Christophe,

Sorry for the late response, got sucked into some client work and Im
just coming up now.

Would that mean no relational backend involved?
I think there are good and bad aspects to that solution.
What exactly would be the datastore then?

> JCR is more appropriate for CMS, portal, and of course other "content"
> oriented applications.
>
> data Import/export are supported in JCR spec. Why not to use JCR in
> jetspeed instead of a RDBMS ? I think you will find a lot of useful
> features in JCR like import/export, versioning, search, node types,

I think it would be awesome to version things like PSML and registries
entries. Not sure if its appropriate for all objects in the model though.

I assume we haven't implemented the import/export end of the JCR spec.
I would be interested in hearing how that works