From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: questions about ObjectConverter interface
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:50:38 GMT
#: Christophe Lombart changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  1/3/2006 2:09 PM :#
> I don't see what kind of scenarios. Can you explain more ?
> Are you using directly the ObjectConverter without the
> PersistenceManager ? Are you extending the PersistenceManager ?
>
> Christophe

As you figured it out, I am using directly the ObjectConverter. I have created a few util
classes to
have everything configured from Spring.

Now, about the scenario: imagine a service that is working with different node subtrees, but
these
are related, either by their content, or by their references. In this case I need to pass
around
different information (and not all of it is stored in my model, but sometimes is available
only in
the node itself). In this scenario after each insert/update i need to get my hand on the
inserted/updated node.

Does it make any sense to you?

./alex
--