From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Node update strategy
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:02:29 GMT
Hi!

Still on ObjectConverterImpl :-). I was thinking what is the best approach for updating a
node from
an object. As far as I can think there can be 2 different strategies:

1/ update only the fields provided by the object (and for null value delete the properties)
which
looks like the current implementation.

Note: the deletion of properties is not currently handled, so imo this is a bug

2/ clean all the properties on the node, and insert the properties provided by the object.

This second scenario is quite problematic, so I would suggest to stick with the scenario 1
(but have
the bug fixed).

What's your opinion?

./alex