From "Christophe Lombart" <christophe.lomb...@sword-technologies.com>
Subject Re: JCR Mapping enhancement request(s)
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:02:33 GMT
Alexandru Popescu wrote:

> Hi Christophe and thanks for your quick answer.
>
> 1/ I will create 2 JIRAs for the mentioned points and let you know
> immediately.
>
> 2/ I am planning to use the mapping tools with my product that uses
> Magnolia. Later on, if the things proove to work well, Magnolia may
> become a good place to use it, cause it may bring a new dimension of
> features. Still, there are a few mapping scenarios that are not
> covered (even if currently I haven't reached them in my project, but I
> think some of them I will). My intention is to follow the Hibernate
> mapping strategies and see which ones can be applied successfully to
> JCR. As you probably know, at this moment Hibernate offers quite a
> good vision on mapping strategies.
>
> Please let me know what are your intentions regarding JCR-mapping
> module, so that we may be able to  focus on the same track ;-).

You can follow our works from Jira.
In summary, nice works to do are :
* Add transaction support - I'm working on that. Almost finish
* Add caching features
* Add more mapping strategy : support inheritance, interfaces, add more
collection mapping strategy, ...
* Oliver is working on some tools like node type register and I think on
a jcr browser.

Regard,
Christophe