From Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject JCR Mapping enhancement request(s)
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 02:10:59 GMT
Hi!

This is my first mail to this list and I would like to wish everybody here a Happy New Year!

I have started to try using Graffito JCR Mapping into the project I am working now. I've been

investigating the code so far and I would like to ask you about the possibility of adding
a few
enhancements.

1/ new attribute in the mapping DTD.

I would like to have an additional fieldType=fully_qualified_class_name in field-descriptor
and also
bean-descriptor. This would bring 2 benefits:
i/ the possibility to generate a source class from the mapping
ii/ the possibility to remove an inspection step (f.e. in ObjectConverterImpl).

If you agree with this I can provide the needed patch quite immediately :-).

2/ AtomicTypeConverters

The atomic type converters are dependent on a ValueFactory which can be retrieved from the
current
Session. I would like to ask if it is possible to add a setValueFactory(ValueFactory) to the

AtomicTypeConvert interface and make all the default implementors have both a no-arg constructor
and
the current one.
This will allow an easy creation of converters (((AtomicTypeConverter)
converterClass.newInstance()).setValueFactory() instead of the longer version using the actual

constructor).

Once again if you agree with this change I can provide the needed patch quite immediately.

3/ Reflective access

Another thing that I am looking for (but not so urgent) would be to optimize the reflective
access,
by caching some of the information (so that the beanutils are not used every time). Currently
the
reflection performance is quite good, and I don't expect to see a big impact on this, but

considering large sets of objects the impact may be important.

cheers,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Me      :            Alexandru Popescu
Contact :     the_mindstorm[at]evolva[dot]ro
Projects:
   TestNG   [co-author]: http://testng.org
   Magnolia [committer]: http://www.magnolia.info
   WebWork  [committer]: http://opensymphony.com/webwork