From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Migrate to Maven 2.0.2
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:14:00 GMT
Hi David,

On 1/23/06, David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
> Christophe Lombart wrote:
> > Honestly, I would like to replace the DB support by a complete JCR support.
>
> Hi Christophe,
>
> Sorry for the late response, got sucked into some client work and Im
> just coming up now.

No problem - I know this kind of situation :-)

> Would that mean no relational backend involved?
> I think there are good and bad aspects to that solution.
> What exactly would be the datastore then?

It depends on the JCR product. Eg. Jackrabbit offers the possibility
to store the content  in a RDBMS or a file system (or ... what you
want). The JCR API makes abstraction on the persistent store type.
Futhermore, the JCR model is so generic that you can store any kind of
content. So, if you use a db backend, it is not necessary to add new
tables in order to support other kind of content.

> I think it would be awesome to version things like PSML and registries
> entries. Not sure if its appropriate for all objects in the model though.

Correct, when you define the model you can apply version control only
on specific objects (content). Version control is not mandatory for
the entire model

> I assume we haven't implemented the import/export end of the JCR spec.
> I would be interested in hearing how that works

Yes it is.  By default our solution uses Jackrabbit which offer this
kind of features.
This week,  I'm reviewing the Graffito doc and try to add more
information on our JCR works.

I advise you to review the Jacrabbit site, there are more and more
documentation.
--
Best regards,

Christophe