From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: questions about ObjectConverter interface
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 13:10:25 GMT
On 1/3/06, Alexandru Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailinglist@gmail.com> wrote:
> As you figured it out, I am using directly the ObjectConverter. I have created a few
util classes to
> have everything configured from Spring.

I'm going to commit in a couple of days (maybe tomorrow), the spring support.
It is finish but I have to make more test. This is based on the work
make by one of the spring module commiter.

> Now, about the scenario: imagine a service that is working with different node subtrees,
but these
> are related, either by their content, or by their references. In this case I need to
pass around
> different information (and not all of it is stored in my model, but sometimes is available
only in
> the node itself). In this scenario after each insert/update i need to get my hand on
the
> inserted/updated node.
>
> Does it make any sense to you?

well, the current framework gives you a way to work *only* on the model level.
If I understand, you want to read or modify the nodes created by the
objectConverter after an insert - is is correct ? Is it not something
like a post process after inserting, updating, .. an object ?

christophe