From Martin Koci <martin.k...@aura.cz>
Subject Re: [jcr-mapping] Mapping Node.getPath() to domain objects
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:54:52 GMT
Christophe Lombart wrote:

>On 10/10/05, Martin Koci <martin.koci@aura.cz> wrote:
>

>>When inserting new object into repository on existing path new node with
>>[] index is created:
>>
>>Assume node /Document And Sesstings/file.txt exists:
>>
>>pm.insert("/Document And Sesstings/file.txt", entity) creates new node
>>with path /Document And Sesstings/file.txt[1] - that is correct.
>>
>>But I want set newly inserted path on inserted entity:
>>entity.getPath() should return /Document And Sesstings/file.txt[1]
>>
>>Is it possible?
>>

>No but I think that we have to support this feature.
>
>Is path to node saved in special property ?
>

>No. Costin suggest also to store the path in the mapping config file and
>have method calls like :
>
>myObject.setPath();
>pm.instert(myObject)

I think path in repository is similar as identifier in ORM world. So if
Hibernate has

<id name="id" column="cat_id">

</id>

for describing unique identifier we can have something like that:
<path fieldName="path">
</path>

Element can accept more attributes, for example
<path fieldName="path" sameNameSibling="false" /> says POJO cannot be
inserted on existing node so creating name with [1] is not allowed.