From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Content Version support in Graffito
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:16:41 GMT
On 10/26/05, Martin Koci <martin.koci@aura.cz> wrote:
>  Previous method getVersionLabels() was mistake, because there is no
> 'latest' version in JCR. Because version are stored as direct acyclic
> graph there is no information which version is the 'newest'.

With simple tests, the newest is not the version provided by
node.getBaseVersion()  or VersionHistory.getRootVersion()

I'm reviewing your code and I have some questions and remarks :

1.In the methods checkout, checkin, getVersionLabels, addVersionLabel
: why the object versionableEntity is defined as an argument, it is
not used in the method impl.

I would like to  use one of the following solution:
* either use only the path
* or either use only the object (if this one contains the UUID or the
path). This imply a small refactoring on the others persistenceManager
methods (as you suggested a couple of days before).

2.checkin : Why to split the version number into a String[]. I think a
simple string arg is more open : checkin(String absPath, Object
versionableEntity, String versionLabel)

3. Following the jackrabbit mailing list, extra version properties
(user, comments, ...) has to be added into the matching node.

christophe