From Costin Leau <costin.l...@gmail.com>
Subject jcr-mapping updates
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2005 16:06:51 GMT
Hello.

Taken Chrisophe advice I uploaded on JIRA the patches.

I have added support for InputStreams in Descriptor implementation
(the string for files are still
supported but I think they should be dropped as no 1.0 version was
released).
The mapper and repository have been removed from the Persistence
manager since they are not used (the mapper is simply a delegate
object). There is also a redundancy in the project interfaces - the Mapper
interface implements getClassDescritor(java.lang.Class) with returns a ClassDescriptor
while MappingDescriptor implements getClassDescritor(java.lang.String)
and returns the same thing. The Mapper implementations
all delegate to MappingDescriptor which make this interface useless pretty much.
Moreover having the mapper around after the mapping descriptor created
only consumes resources as it can't be GC because it is referenced in
the persistence manager & converters.

The Mapper interface should contain rather a getMappingDescriptor() method.

--
Best regards,
 Costin                          mailto:costin.leau@gmail.com